ClockLab Data Collection
ClockLab’s data collection application runs under the Windows XP/7/8 operating system and performs many functions that are not usually incorporated in similar systems.
- Up to 448 channels. Multiple 56-channel USB interfaces for laptop or desktop computers. Easy setup and small footprint.
- Low cost per channel. High channel counts save computer costs and space.
- Reliable. Our systems have logged over 500,000 hours of trouble-free operation.
- Start and Stop each channel independently. Recording on any channel can be started (or stopped) at any time with a user-selectable file name. Different files can be located in different directories for convenient segregation of multiple, concurrent experiments.
- Simple, high-density connections. RJ-45 (ethernet-style) connectors for compact wiring.
- Monitor almost any sensor, including running wheels, infrared motion detectors, or any digital signal.
- Light detection. ClockLab can easily be configured with light detectors (provided). Light levels are recorded with 1-minute precision in each data file. No need to guess about blown bulbs, accidental chamber openings or faulty, misprogrammed or inaccurate light timers.
- Integrated light control. Control the lights or other devices in up to 96 different animal chambers independently using the simple menu-and-slider control panel shown below. Multiple daily 24-hour or T-cycles, or one-time pulse protocols. One-time pulses can be programmed days in advance. Below, 16 days of light control are programmed in advance.
- Remote data access. Download data files over the internet at any time using FTP or Windows’ network capabilities.
- View actograms in real-time. Scaled and Percentile actograms are available. Buttons allow the user to scan quickly through the actograms of each channel in sequence.
- Automatic detection of low activity levels. Low-activity warning for all channels can be viewed in a single window.
- Automated email warnings. ClockLab can be configured to send email warnings to multiple email accounts when activity goes out of range or when other problems arise.
- Comes with the ClockLab Analysis package. Multicomputer site license provided for the most sophisticated and easy-to-use circadian analysis package currently available.